个人简介张田余教授在香港科技大学取得会计学博士学位，上海财经大学取得会计学硕士学位。他的研究重点是机构、公司治理和公司透明度之间的相互关系。张教授曾在Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Law and Economics and Journal of Law, Economics and Organization等国际顶尖学术期刊发表数篇学术论文。
1. “The effect of audit adjustments on earnings quality: Evidence from China”, (with Clive Lennox and Xi Wu), 2016, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.61, 545-562.
2. “Mixing Business with Politics: Political Participation by Entrepreneurs in China”, (with Xunan Feng and Anders C. Johansson), 2015, Journal of Banking and Finance.
3. “Political Incentives to Suppress Negative Financial Information: Evidence from State-controlled Chinese Firms”, (with Joseph Poitroski D. and T J Wong), 2015, Journal of Accounting Research.
4. "Politically Connected CEOs, Corporate Governance, and the Post-IPO Performance of China's Partially Privatized Firms". (with Joseph Fan and T J Wong), 2014, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance.
5. “Change for Change’s Sake? Does Mandatory Partner Rotation Improve Audit Quality? ”, (with Clive Lennox and Xi Wu), 2014, The Accounting Review.
6. “Political Participation and Entrepreneurial Initial Public Offerings in China”, (with Xunan Feng and Anders C. Johansson), 2014, Journal of Comparative Economics.
7. “Politicians and the IPO Mechanism: The impact of impending political promotions on IPO activity in China”, (with Joseph Piotroski), 2014, Journal of Financial Economics.
8. “Institutions and Organizational Structure: the Emergence of Corporate Pyramids in China”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), 2012, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.
9. “Political Considerations in the Decision of Chinese SOEs to List in Hong Kong”, (with Mingyi Hung and T J Wong), Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2012, Vol. 53: 435-449.
10. “Why Does the Law Matter? Investor Protection and its Effects on Investment, Finance, and Growth”, (with David McLean and Mengxin Zhao), Journal of Finance, 2012, Vol. 67: 313-350.
11. “Founder Succession and Accounting Properties”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), Contemporary Accounting Research, 2012, Vol. 29: 283-311.
12. “Executive perks: Compensation and corporate performance in China”, (with Ilan Alon and Pattarin Adithipyangkul), Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 2009.
13. “Political-connected CEO and post IPO performance of China listed companies”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), Journal of Financial Economics, 2007. Vol. 84: P330-357.
14. “Pyramidal Ownership Structure and Proprietary Disclosure: Evidence from Segment Reporting in Hong Kong,” (with Peter Chen), International Journal of Business Research, 2005.