About the Center
The Center for Macro-Financial Stability and Innovation
The Center for Macro-Financial Stability and Innovation invites talented full-time and part-time researchers to conduct academic and policy research in the fields of macro-prudential policies, monetary policies, financial innovations and related topics. The Center also undertakes research projects sponsored by the Chinese government and agencies, including financial regulators and financial institutions, to provide policy advice on financial market stability and monetary policy. By applying advanced financial theories and empirical studies, the Center is devoted to identifying and resolving critical issues regarding China’s financial market reform, financial market stability and monetary economics.
Professor Wang Jian is the Director of the Center. Before joining Shenzhen Finance Institute, Professor Wang Jian was a Senior Research Economist and Advisor at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. His primary research interests include international finance, monetary economics, international trade and behavioral finance/economics. Professor Zhang Jinfan is the Co-director of the Center. Professor Zhang worked as an Economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Assistant Professor in CKGSB and senior visiting scholar at the People’s Bank of China. He is now the Associate Professor of Finance in the School of Management and Economics, CUHK-Shenzhen. His main research fields include Asset Pricing, Chinese Economy and FinTech.
PhD in Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison; MS Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
International finance, Monetary economics, International trade and Behavioral finance/economics.
International Trade and Finance Workshop
Shenzhen Finance Institute (SFI) and the School of Management and Economics (SME) of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen are launching the inaugural Shenzhen International Trade and Finance Workshop on June 13-14, 2020 in Shenzhen. The conference will be held annually in the future.
Joint Director: Professor Zhang Jinfan
- PhD Financial Economics, Yale University; PhD Telecommunications, Tsinghua University - MA Statistics, Harvard University - BS Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Tsinghua University - BA Economics, Peking University - Associate Professor of Finance in the School of Management and Economics, CUHK-Shenzhen - Former Economist of IMF
Research Field: Asset pricing, Macroeconomics, FinTech
Executive Officer: Liao Weixin (Wendy)
-MSc Investment Management, Cass Business School, United Kingdom -BS Management Science and BA Psychology, University of California, San Diego
Postdoctoral Researcher in Economics: Wontae Han
PhD Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Research Field: International Economics, Business Cycle, Monetary Policy in Open Economies
Postdoctoral Researcher in Economics: Du Huancheng
PhD Financial Economics, American University
Research Field: International finance, Behavioral finance, Asset pricing, International trade, Wage inequality and Applied econometrics
Research Assistant: Zhao Hongyan
- PhD Economics, University of California, Berkeley - MA Statistics, University of California, Berkeley - MA Economics, China Center for Economic Research, Peking University
Research Field: Macroeconomics, International Economics, China Economics
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant: Wu Haiyu
-MSc in Finance, The Chinese University of Hong Kong -BEcon in Finance, South China Normal University
Research Field: Macroeconomics, Monetary Policy, Asset Pricing
Research Assistant : Lei Jinsha
- Master of Finance, University of California, San Diego - BBA Finance, Global Business Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Research Field: International Monetary Economics, Corporate Finance, Macroeconomics
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant: Ye Junheng
-Master in Economics, Boston University -BA Economics, Hangzhou Dianzi University
Research Field: Macroeconomics, Environmental Economics
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant：Wei Xinyu
-PhD in Economics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong -Master in Applied Economics, Georgetown University -BA Economics, Xi'an Jiaotong University
Research Field:International Finance, Macroeconomics
Research Assistant：Xiaosheng (Erin) Guo
- PhD in Economics Student at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor - Master of Arts in Economics, Duke University - BA Finance, Nanjing University
Research Field:International monetary economics, International finance, Macroeconomics.
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant：Xiaomin (Melody) Guo
- PhD in International Economics Student at The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva - Master of Arts in Economics, Duke University - BA Economics, Brandeis University
Research Field:International macroeconomics, Monetary policy, Global economy